Lady Mitchell Hall (LMH) is a large lecture theatre owned by the University of Cambridge.The lecture theatre is used for important general interest lectures, for example the annual Darwin lectures. The hall accommodates 500 people.
The building is polygonal in shape, built of brick with a metal roof. It was built between 1956 and 1968 by Casson, Conder and Partners. It is a grade II listed building
To accommodate repair works, Fourways Plant Ltd was contracted to scaffold the whole external building with temporary roof, gantry, access towers, hoist and full Monarflex with a time limit of 4 weeks from start to finish. We also had the added incentive of another temporary roof going up next door by one of our competitors! Needless to say, we managed to fulfil our commitment with a big team effort.