020 8884 3339

Kenwood House, London


Kenwood House (also known as the Iveagh Bequest) is a former stately home in Hampstead, London, on the northern boundary of Hampstead Heath and managed by English Heritage.
The house is best known for the artwork it contains. The original house dates from the early 17th century when it was known as Caen Wood House. The orangery was added in about 1700. In 1754 it was bought by William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield. He commissioned Robert Adam to remodel it from 1764–1779. Adam added the library (one of his most famous interiors) to balance the orangery and added the Ionic portico at the entrance. In 1793-6 George Saunders added two wings on the north side and the offices and kitchen buildings and brewery (now the restaurant) to the side.

Fourways was assigned to install scaffold and support works to the ground floor chimney stack between The Breakfast Room and Lady Mansfield's Dressing Room in order for repair works to the chimney to take place on the first floor in Lady Mansfield's bedchamber.